PRIZE LISTING & TERMS & CONDITIONS:
ORGANISATION, PARTICIPATION, AND ELIGIBILITY
- The “Sunway Putra Mall Journey of Lanterns – Lantern Design Competition” is organized by Sunway IFM Sdn Bhd (Putra) and open to all Malaysian citizens with a valid Malaysian Identification Card (I/C):
- Winners younger than 13 years of age as 2019 are required to present a letter of consent from their parents/legal guardians upon registering for the competition and during prize redemption.
- Employees of Sunway Putra Mall and their immediate family members, its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, dealers, employees and staffs of the mall’s tenants as well as advertising agencies are NOT ELIGIBLE for participating in this competition.
- By participating in this competition, participants are deemed to agree with these and other related Terms & Conditions. They are also deemed agreeable to give full copyright and all related intellectual property rights and consent to the Organizers and its affiliates to store and publish entries in any media channel according to the Organizer’s discretion without any compensation or payment to the contestant.
CONTEST PERIOD & INFO
- Registration and Submission is open from 19th July – 25th August 2019. Registration after 25th of August 2019 will not be considered.
- Lanterns can be collected at the Concierge Counter (Ground Floor).
- Participants are required to submit the designed lanterns to the Concierge Counter by 25th August 2019.
- Sunway Putra Mall reserves the right to select the entries for showcase, the manner, location and duration for the lanterns to be exhibited from 30th August – 16th September 2019.
- Participants might be called upon to work with the event organizers to do touch-ups if necessary prior to the exhibition.
- All Participants must then register for the contest through the appointed Event Organiser via phone call or email below before 25th August 2019.
Yites Event Management Sdn Bhd
Person in charge : Yap Boon Nie
Phone No. : 03-9545 2406
Email us for any inquiries at email@example.com
- The Event Organizers reserves the right to edit, remove, or disqualify any submissions suspected of infringing any copyright or contain elements not suitable for public’s view or is against public interest, subject to the Organizer’s discretion.
- The Theme of the lantern design will be “Freestyle”.
- Size of the lantern will be the provided 12” paper lantern. Participants are not allowed to change the size of the lanterns.
- Participants are allowed to use
additional decoration materials on the lantern such as flowers. *Please use
strong glue to ensure that the decorations do not fall off*.
- All motorized components should be positioned outside the lantern structure or at a well ventilated position to prevent overheating and casualties.
- Creativity and Originality
- Materials for the production of lanterns will NOT be provided
- All kinds of materials are permitted to be used except highly flammable materials (exp. gas canisters).
Lantern will be judged according to the criteria below:
• Theme/Representation – 35%
• Creativity – 40%
• Colour – 25%
Prizes are subject to availability. The Organizer reserves the right to substitute the prizes at any time (during or after the Contest Period) without prior notice to the contestants or winners.
- RM10,000 worth of prizes
- 1st Runner Up:
- RM5,000 worth of prizes
- 2nd Runner Up:
- RM2,500 worth of prizes
- Consolation x 50:
- RM500 worth of prizes
CONTEST WINNING CRITERIA
- Entries will be judged on their creativity, originality, creativity, and colour of the lantern.
- Each entry must be an original and unpublished work of the participant and copyrighted work will not be accepted.
- The submitted entry must not be repurposed from previous competitions whether locally or internationally (a violation of this rule will result in instant disqualification). Only new lanterns that are produced for the purpose of this competition will qualify for entry.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use the art pieces for publicity and other purposes, without payment of any fees and without seeking the prior consent of the participants.
- The Organizer may hold photography and/or interview sessions with the Winners, of which are compulsory for the Winners to attend. If the Winners are not able to agree to this arrangement for whatever reason, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify those Winners and select other Winners.
- Organizer’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change and amend any of the Rules and Regulations without prior notice.
CONTEST PRIZES REDEMPTION
- Winners will be notified via email/phone on the details of the prize presentation ceremony and redemption.
- The prize presentation ceremony will be on 16th September 2019 at the Main Concourse (Ground Floor), Sunway Putra Mall.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged in full, or partially for cash or other equivalents. However, the Organizer reserves the right to replace the prizes with items of similar value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Original Proof of the winner’s identity (i.e. a valid Identity Card or Passport) shall be required for verification purposes. In the event a Winner is unable to produce the aforementioned, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the said Winner.
the event that a Winner is not able to attend for the prize presentation on 16th
September 2019, a written notification (via Facebook message to Sunway Putra Mall’s
official Facebook Page) is required 2 working days before the day of the prize
presentation ceremony. Request for extension of redemption is subject to Sunway
Putra Mall’s discretion. If a written request is not received by 11 September
2019, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify his/her eligibility and
select the next qualified Participant instead.
Should Winners need to have representatives claim their prizes on behalf, the Representatives must bring photocopies of the Winner’s and the Representatives’ I/Cs.
RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND LIABILITIES OF THE ORGANISER
- The Contestant agrees that the copyright and all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, moral rights) subsisting in all images and/or videos submitted for this Contest shall belong to the Organizer.
- The Organizer and participating agencies will not be held liable for any incomplete or illegible entry due to problems such as computer malfunction, lost Internet connections, transmission problems or other unforeseen circumstances.
- The Organizer reserves the rights to publish, use the names (real names as per I/C and/or Facebook account names), photographs (including Facebook profile pictures), social postings, and/or other submissions by and of the Contestants as materials for the purposes of advertising and/or trade publicity, without any prior notice to the winners. Winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on the materials. All contestant’s information and contest entry details will become the property of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel this Contest – in part or in whole – in the event that it becomes incapable of running as planned, technically interfered with or corrupted, including but not limited to infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer, despite its best efforts.
- The Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and disqualify any contestants and/or entries found or suspected of cheating/hacking/tampering with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or to be in violation of any Contest rules.
- The Organizer reserves the right to immediately disqualify any person who it reasonably suspects of violating or infringing any of these general terms and conditions.
- The organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this online Contest or the Contest submission process.
- During the profile updating process, where the contestant agrees as such, the contestant will receive future information, products or services from the Organizer after the Campaign of which the Organizer may think to be of interest to the contestant. Communication will cease upon written request to the Organizers from the contestant.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions herein at any time at its absolute discretion without prior notice.